Sunday 26 January 2014

Life Update

Well I think we've established that I'm a pretty crap blogger.

HOWEVER don't stop reading yet I've lots to tell you, EXCITING stuff! Can you believe it!? I know! It's genuinely exciting this time!



But first, salutations.
Hola gorgeous people. In the last week or so, I've been pretty busy attending masterclasses, interviews and memorial services and just generally being productive! *stadiums around the world cheer*

RECAP OF WEEK COMMENCING THE 20th January
(READ THE DAYS OF THE WEEK IN THE X FACTOR MAN'S VOICE)

MONDAY-WEDNESDAY

 I've been working with my pa and family friend on a new project! Strictly confidential so I won't go into too much detail but it is very exciting and the potential outcome of this project entails exciting times ahead! We've been working in a venue in Hastings called St Mary's in the Castle, a lovely place, quite echoey. But grand and full of splendour. We've been working in a particular room where an amazing young woman once graced the floor with her presence. This young woman was Murial Matters. Yes, her surname really was MATTERS. I'll dedicate a WHOLE blogpost to this lady in the future, but just know that it's been wonderful finding out more about her just by being in the space that she once inhabited. 

 THURSDAY

The masterclass took place at the Theatre Royal Haymarket in London where a friend and I were freaking out over the fact that I'd left our tickets at home (whoopsy daisy) and were hugging our feeble bodies due to empty bellies. However we arrived (not needing our tickets after all; only our ability to remember our names) and took our seats, soon to be awarded with the presence of renown artistic director Emma Rice from Kneehigh (smashing theatre company) (might I add that we were still really hungry, but laughing was our only form of sustenance at that point). 

I learnt so much on Thursday like seriously, I wish Masterclass did like a week where you just do an intensive practical study with creative, talented theatrical greats and have shit loads of fun because that was what Emma did with us, only it lasted 2 hours and not a week (OH WHYYY). May I just say, she's bloody fabulous. Very bubbly and chirpy, and talked a lot about ignoring fear and that at Kneehigh, idiocy is encouraged; that no one idea is useless in the creative process of putting on a show, and that the woodcutter in Little Red Riding Hood has some, ahem, unfulfilled sexual urges. That however, is another story entirely (post-worthy though WATCH THIS SPACE). 

I'm a firm believer in ridiculousness and madness (You: NAW REALLY I'D NEVER HAVE GUESSED THAT) and Emma was just the definition of those two things (in a positive way of course, I'm not in any way trying to offend). She's just brilliant and really, really truly inspired me. If you're reading this Emma, I'd love to work with you but I know that you rarely pick up new members, but if ever the opportunity arose then ARGH. 
I'm there, I'm so there.
But for now, I'm content with admiring your work from afar. Very, very content. 

My friend and I were at the point of death when we entered Wagamama's. Luckily the service was pretty damn speedy. Thank you Wagamama's, thank you.

FRIDAY

Friday, friday gotta get a tube on frid--- oh shit, not a TUUBE.
Yes, dear readers. I'm not the best when it comes to navigating tube routes or getting from A to B. On this particular day, I literally went in a circle and proved that I'm a hopeless tube traveller and was only about 15 minutes late to an interview that could potentially change my life.
So yeah, GREAT START. The interview went well though, I was equally relieved and surprise at the overall result. However this was short lived as 2 minutes after leaving, I realised I'd left my phone at the place. So you can imagine, it wasn't at all embarrassing knocking on the door and explaining how silly I was and picking it up and saying thank you multiple times (again) before eventually, finally leaving... And yes, I felt a total sham. An abomination to society.

The Man is smirking at me right now from his cloud. 'Ahah, oh Grace what are you like!' he's saying.
Screw you The Man. It was just a tiny glitch in my consciousness which happens more often than I'd like to admit.

Anyway so yeah. Also that day I realised that I was really smiley that day (so weird) but I was literally smiling at everyone. However nothing could have prepared me for the good feels and ultimate smileyness  that I experienced once I said 'bless you' to a young man. He was ASTONISHED at my kindness and even I was astonished, because not many people say bless you on the tube, or indeed ever, now. It's presently considered a rare phenomenon when one blesses another in public. Ah those were the days when more than the echoes of the dead blessed you. Now I presume people just bless another in their head because we tend to think more than speak nowadays. Perhaps that's a good thing though, sometimes, just sometimes, something's are better left unsaid.

This has now turned into a ma-hoo-sive report on society's attitude to politeness and civility so I'll stop now.

SATURDAY

Lastly, Saturday was VOLUNTEER DAY as I helped out at St Mary's for a Holocaust Memorial Service. I won't go too deeply into this, but it was a very fascinating day. I saw an old friend from school who was participating in the event by doing a reading for the service. In her reading she spoke about Auschwitz and how she felt going past the chambers where so many people had once stood, suffering and in pain. It's sad isn't it. How humanity managed to do that to itself. And what's even sadder is that it's still happening. 
Anyway, it was insightful and touching. After the service, I chatted to members of the public and one lady in particular who was super duper snazzy. Such an amazing sense of humour. It's funny, I hardly ever talk to older people nowadays. I mean people like 40+ years older than me. 

My generation is truly becoming so consumed by the internet and our mattresses, that we're forgetting the simple pleasures of actually going OUTSIDE and talking to people about their lives. GOD society is gradually turning people into hysterical, self-obsessed, selfish, judgemental beings that have no interest in others. (I should really stop ranting now..)

ANYWAY, we had a lovely chat about people who we love, chatty people. Talented people. I said that I admire people who fluent in there language, who have no difficulty in articulating themselves who know the English language inside out. So I said Kenneth Williams. YES, I DID. He's funny. If you don't know who this marvellous being is, use a trusted search engine and educate yourself. Quite astonishingly, she replied with a modest 'oof' before saying that Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are her present favourites in the current 'fammunity'. 

New word: FAMMUNITY - fame and community murged together. Usually used to describe the family of celebrities who all inhabit the 'A Lister' world. 

SATU-SUNDAY

Nearly wrote Saturday again, oh dear. Haha.... 

Well, yeah that's a mini update. I did say that this post would be a beauty one but..umm.. well, you can see that that went well. 

Maybe next time. 
I'll do my Yule Monty Haul or something. 

New Years Resolutions Update:

  • Reading - Still reading Michael Simkins but he's a complex writer, I can only take in small doses of his satirical tone.
  •  Exercise - AHahaha. Well...
  • Contacts - Slow but steady. Looking good nonetheless 
  • Get out more - proving to be a 'GREAT SUCCESS'
  • VLOG - Ahahah. 

Well actually, I have been practising on the camera (because I've seen some 'first vlog' 'omg vlog 1' and I'm just a bit meh, I can do better than that so I'm not doing anything until I absolutely 100% know what I'm doing - this may sound like I'm very fussy and particular but I want the content to be good. Unlike my blog..*nervous laugh*.) and getting there. I'm devoting a whole day next week to vlogging and editing (future bane of my life?) so hopefully I'll get something out there in the next couple of years! 

This is definitely longer than I'd planned it to be, so if you're still reading. Thank you..I didn't realise I was that interesting *blushes and shies away behind a grand oriental fan*

Ta ta lunatics. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment