Thursday 6 February 2014

FEBULODY - SPOTIFY TOP 5 SO FAR

WELCOME TO FEBULODY

(Poor attempt at sticking February and Melody together - don't cringe, I'm doing that for you)
A month where I talk about more music because I can. 

5. What You Wanted - OneRepublic (Native)

How can you possibly not after TFIOS trailer? It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I listen to it. I also find myself whispering "Okay" to myself, pretending to be Hazel. 
I'm verging on the point of obsession I know, please don't worry I'm signed to regainmysanity.com (jks). 

4. Lifetime - Emeli Sande 
(Our Version of Events)

I got her album the Christmas before last but didn't really listen to it (I'm sorry Miss Sande) HOWEVER in the last couple of weeks I've revisited the album that I so rudely ignored and this particular song is now one of my favourites of hers. You must check out her album 'Our Version of Events' though, ooorh, it's very good. 

3. More Than Friends - Gabrielle Aplin (Acoustic EP)

One of her first professional live sessions, this song explores the meaning of 'friends' when you're in that Summer/Tom Hanson relationship where you're simultaneously lost and stable and don't know where the progression path lies. I particularly like the pick up beat at the end. 

2. Buzzcut Season - Lorde 
(Pure Heroine)

I love this one from Lorde. She really is WOW. She's so so talented, like argh, it hurts my head. The unnecessary amount of envy I feel from time to time when I remember that she's 17, beautiful and producing her own music just erupts inside of me and destroy's me a little bit. Gah. But in all seriousness this one I prefer to Royals (universal gasp of horror). Yeah. But the BEAT. BEAT. 

1. La La - The Cab 
(Symphony Soldier

After visitng the Radio setting of my Spotify (aspect of Spotify that allows you to pick a song that then plays a random selection of artists and songs that share the same genre or fashion sense as I've recently observed) I found The Cab. From listening to loads of Fall Out Boy over the last couple of months and literally bowing at their metaphorical feet, I decided to let Spotify take control of my shuffle mode. AND OMG La La came up and SURPRISE SURPRISE their influences are FOB and Panic at the Disco. I'm not afraid to announce that I am in love, my dearests. Very much in love. 

Album of the month 

You and Me At Six 
Cavalier Youth 

If you liked this please click the 'follow' button on the bloglovin' app ^ up there somewhere!
THANKS TERRA GOODBYE FAREWELL 
TA TA LUNATICS.<3




No comments:

Post a Comment