Sunday 23 February 2014

Feeling Tired - The Life Update #2

SO 
it's been a very hectic week for me. I've volunteered and laughed and stepped on lots of peoples feet and eaten a lot of pasta for one reason or another. I've cried at the Baftas and the Brits and a poor guy who couldn't do the Cajun two step to save his life. So quick update:

(Legit X Factor mans voice)
MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY

These were volunteering days at DLWP where met lots of lovely people and felt warmly welcomed into the bosom of a massive family-like team. Lots of stuffing of envelopes with beautifully printed cards. There are loads of contemporary artists' being shown here over the next couple of months which you can find more information on here.

TUESDAY
 Brighton day!
It's the most depressing feeling when you have little or no money when you go to somewhere like Brighton because you just end up touching things and stroking things and staring at things that you can't afforded and you end up looking like a bloody weirdo.
(and breathe)
 HOWEVERRRR I DID manage to buy a few things in the sale.Primark mini haul - socks and underwear! YAYAAAnotthatexcitingbutHAAYYY.
Also, my friends and I fancied a pint after all that shopping so we headed to the nearest pub. 
"Hahaha" says the Lord, "I'm going to make that guy reject your ID".
And my citizen card was declined as valid ID. Honestly it's a right pain in the bahooki when someone's like "We ONLY accept drivers license or passport". I'm there feeling like a kid again. I know that they're not usually accepted in pubs and clubs outside of Hastings buh... 
OWH
Why'd you even bother Grace? Well I'd like to take this opportunity to highlight the 'not usually' aspect of this situation and like to keep positive and confident that one day they'll accept my ID, which is very much valid.
We spent most of the day playing the post it note game and singing 'Let it Go'.

Here yar.



THURSDAY 
Visited my gorgeous and hilarious Nana!
Love my Nana.<3

FRIDAY
 The day I was introduced to Cajun and Zydeco music and dancing. It was another volunteering day, usual drill of being chatty and smiley and encouraging but this time I joined in the dancing. This was also the day, well night, that I met a few people from the local Green Man society called the Mad Jacks. They were incredibly friendly and suggested that I join the society! No doubt I will!
The live music was supplied by none other than local band the Cajun Dawgs.



SATURDAY
I kid you not all that two stepping and swinging and twirling made me terribly dizzy and therefore resulted in me staying in bed a little longer than anticipated. I'd like to point out that after 3 hours of dancing it is allowed. Shortly after waking from my deeeeep, deeep slumber I found that I had a blocked nose and ghastly sinus pain *LEVEL UP DING NOISE not* 
I spent the duration of the day drinking buckets of orange juice and...feeling ever so slightly existentially anxious. 
I'm not terribly worried by it now because I'm writing this after I experienced it and it has been much worse in the past, but every so often I worry about things that I shouldn't and get scared that I'm not doing anything. To be perfectly frank, I think this was sparked from my topsy turvy sleeping patterns. Otherwise, if I'd been in my right mind, I'd have reviewed my week so far and reminded myself 'Grace you do know that you've had a pretty eventful week so far'. Except I didn't and I felt pretty damn crap for a few hours. It didn't help that I had a cold. 
*sniff*

SUNDAY
 Nana turns 85! Went out for pub lunch, had possibly the biggest mixed roast ever and and and NOW feel absolutely exhausted!

Let's see what happens next week ey?

Ta ta.<3





No comments:

Post a Comment