Saturday 15 February 2014

VALENTINES BROS

So yeah that time of year blah blah
Good for you if you're with someone blah blah 
Sucks for spinsters blah-- WAIT WUT.

It doesn't all the time though does it? All you need is food and soppy rom-coms and Tumblr and your diary to jot down ideas for your ideal date/holiday/outfits/man/woman (whatever floats your boat). 

I wish to dismiss this idea that Valentines Day sucks for spinsters! Society's expectations of a day of love is completely overrated. Last night I spent Valentines Day with my best friend and her sisters, watching Bride and Prejudice and eating cake. BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE DO BEST. We also spent a considerable amount of time reminiscing over our old school days and wishing that we were back in the routine of school as real life sucks. I've said sucks a lot in this post haven't I...let's say something positive. 

VALENTINES DAY SHOULD BE ABOUT APPRECIATING THE LOVE THAT YOU HAVE FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS AS WELL AS A PARTNER IF YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONE. 
(The term partner's a bit wide as well don't you think?...I mean it could mean partner in crime. In which case yeah cool. *Tangent*) 

Anyway, yes, positive! The Brits are upon us so I thought it only right to put my winner for the BRITISH BREAKTHROUGH ACT 2014(it is Febulody after all hahaha)...

AND THE AWARD GOES TO...

T-T-T-TOM ODELL 

Yes my lovely's, the 23 year old who won Critics Choice at the Brits in 2013 is MY BBA 2014 winner! What a beautiful and talented man - can't wait for the day I see him live. Here's one of my personal favourites.

Can't Pretend - Tom Odell
(From the album Long Way Down)


ENJOY

Ta ta.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment