Saturday 15 February 2014

Yummy Alternatives

I bet it's not just me who's put off by the word 'healthy'...
Eh? 
Someone reading this must be like 'Oh yeah me too.'
What comes to mind when someone says HEALTHY? Because with me, it usually implies something bland and doesn't fill you up. Like Miso soup. *shivers* (I'd just like to point out that I mean no offence to those who do like Miso soup, it's just not ma baaag baby.)

I HAVE HOWEVER, found an ingenious solution to this small but irritating conundrum and that is  by using a different adjective. SO I've chosen Yummy as an alternative to Healthy. And trust me they are really nice I'm not jesting you. 

I've lost 5 pounds over the last week and I swear down it's due to just swapping a few things and eating at appropriate times and not eating LATE! (A little bit of exercize too; couple power-walks per week or even daily if you feel up for it!) I know some people can't help but eat late, but make sure that you eat a big breakfast to kick start your day something liiikee....

RIVETA
 Now before you stop reading from possible nausea or unbearable cringe from the memory of cardboardy texture RIVETAS ARE NICE OKAY. It's all about putting it with the right things. E.g Some avarcado and mozerella on a pine nut and pumpkin seed riveta is nomnom for a quick snack OR riveta with the cook brekkie fav's egg, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes for a smashing breakfast!



SMOOTHIESSS
Smooties are fab if you want something quick and filling instead of a full blown cooked brekkie ! This is a fabulous recipe from LEON
*put a handfull of oats
 *couple of banana's
 *some honey
*some milk (preferably whole)
 *a couple of tablespoons of Greek yoghurt 
aaaand mix it all up to create a concoction of beauty!



GREEN TEA N' EARL GREY
Green Tea/Earl Grey instead of bog standard tea.
Green tea = very very very good for the brain and skin. I suggest Clipper Green Tea with a dash of Lemon. It's light and fragrant - which brings me to earl grey. If you simply deteste the natural, earthy taste of Green Tea, then I thoroughly suggest Earl Grey. Still maintaining the tea-like quality however with a little more gentility and kindness to the palette.
Very good with Soya Alpro.



ALPRO SOYA
ALPRO soya as an alternative to normal milk. Still has all those key vitamins and calcium like normal milk but tastier in my opinion. It's kinda hard to convince those of you who haven't tried it that it's 'creamier' and 'silkier' than normal milk because milk is milk. Full green goodness and is produced in less concentrated areas! Drink up, feel good and save the environment! It comes in different flavours too like hazel, almond etc.


I hope you like the wonky quality of these pictures (y)

So yeah those are the "yummy" alternatives!
Coolio.

Ta ta.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment