Sunday 6 April 2014

Work Ex - Day 4

Pretty much the last day, it was most certainly the most eventful one by faaaar.

Thursday
Contacted Irishman who apparently is not Irish so that wasn’t at all embarrassing. Organised day with Parish and Old Pioneers communities. Nah let’s talk about something interesting; was surprised to see that Wizard of Oz is actually rather amazing. A few actors in particular are very talented in the old comedy department. Including ginger guy who uses a lot of ‘w’s ahahaha. Very funny and apparently only his first day – WOW. Anyway the drive back consisted of me in the back and almost very nearly falling asleep. As tempting as it was, one could not travel to the peaceful planet of rest as a techy and the boss were laughing with their hearty laughs.

Anyway, made a few more phone calls to two ladies from the local newspaper  and then went back home. Lovely lady greeted us warmly, and I offered to help while host and ickle boy played. She then offered to take me to see Twelfth Night at Rhodes theatre just down the road. I need not say more than ABSOLUTELY BLOODY SMASHING as a sum up of what it was! I was particularly taken by Feste – a face that my lovely lady and I found to be very familiar *strokes invisible beard of truth* and an actor who was in Pirates of the Caribbean was in it too! OMG.

 I also met a lovely guy called James who went to East 15 and gave me humongous amount of very valuable advice. He said that one of his teachers (?) wrote a book on contempory plays for men and women and that I should check out a book shop called skoob in London – underground book shop apparently rather amazing according to the fact that he “spends around 2/3 hours there”. Hmm *strokes meta—you get the picture*. Anyway it was lovely meeting the cast after (have to admit felt a little woozy after that magners OOO yeah dinner was sausage, tomato, butterbean and potato and chorizo combo with broccoli OMOYONMNOMOMM so good.

It was just really nice and lovely lady (or ‘G’ as her work colleagues call her (and I too ended up calling her by say letter))and I had a lovely chat on the way back about drama schools and the actors and recruiting people.
Such a lovely night. My last here for now – very well spent with her and co. Yes, enjoyed muchly and cider. That cider was incredibly refreshing.

Also also not-very-well-known play St John a Shakespeare play must check out and it’s THE PERMENANT WAY GRACE NOT THE PERUVIAN LINE YOU MASSIVE PLONKER

Oh cool. Okay bye humans. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment